Augusta National Golf Club is as recognizable as the annual Masters Tournament it hosts with its immaculately manicured greens and fairways, charming bridges, and beautiful azalea beds.
Because Augusta National is one of the world’s most prestigious golf courses, playing around there isn’t exactly a breeze. Is there a price range you can expect to spend if you get the opportunity? Let’s see what we can do.
In order to play Augusta National for free, there are several options. There are a number of ways to get into The Masters, including qualifying for the tournament.
A third option is to work as a caddie at Augusta National, which gives you one free round per year. It is also granted to other Augusta National employees.
Media members working at The Masters can also earn a complimentary round of golf if they’re picked from a ballot. In spite of the fact that these are all possible free routes to playing Augusta National, they aren’t realistic for most people.
Can You Pay To Play Augusta National?
When it comes to Augusta National’s membership policy, finding a member who will invite you isn’t as straightforward as it sounds. There is good news in that the member is billed for any visitor expenses.
As a result, the member does not have to play with his or her guests, but he or she must be on the premises.
How Does Augusta National Make Money?
International broadcast rights bring in roughly $ 25 million for the ANGC, according to Huddle Up. In addition, the same paper predicts that Augusta National’s tournament profit in a typical year is roughly $ 30 million, based on extrapolations from the 2015 Golf Digest report.
How Can I Play Augusta National?
- Be eligible to compete at the Masters level. No, this is not a joke. It could be your best bet. The British Amateur Champion, along with a select group of other amateur players, receives an automatic invitation. Amateur champions from the United States, Asia, and Latin America all receive invitations to this year’s World Amateur Championships. The US Mid-Amateur Champion is also invited.
Become a member by signing up for an account. However, the club does not accept applications for membership because membership is only granted to those who have been invited.
- Alternatively, play Augusta Country Club. In spite of the fact that Augusta is not “The Augusta,” it is nonetheless acceptable to boast about having “played golf at Augusta” casually. Don’t get bogged down in the minutiae of your game. Even so, it is possible to discuss how you dealt with the creek that crosses both Augusta National Golf Club’s 12th green (Augusta National) and its 8th green (Augusta Country Club).
- Decide to join the augusta country club. Occasionally, Augusta National members call Augusta CC, which is just a few doors down, to ask if one of their members is available to play in a foursome.
- Become a member of the media covering the Masters Tournament in Augusta, Georgia. Tee times for members of the media following the Masters are allocated via ballot to a select few. It’s true that there are only a handful of us. Over the years, several members of the Golf Monthly team have been able to play this path without incident.
- Work as a caddie at the golf course. During the Georgian summers, Augusta National is closed, so this is a part-time position. Only one round of golf per year is allowed for caddies.
- If you’d like to help out at the Masters, sign up as a volunteer. Volunteering at the Masters appears to be as difficult as becoming an Augusta member, as openings are few and far between, and there is a significant waiting list for these positions.
- It’s possible that one of the club’s 300 members will invite you to play in their tournament. Do you know someone who is a member? You’re in for a treat, then!
- Work at the Augusta National Golf Club. It is permitted for employees to play a round of golf once a year.
- Participate in the Augusta National Women’s Amateur Championship. A practice round and a competitive round take place at Augusta during the week before the Masters. Some of the best female amateurs in the world are in the field.
- Enroll at a local university in the Augusta/Georgia/South Carolina area to further your education. Occasionally, local college golf students participate in competitions or special invitations to play the course.
Can you pay to play at Augusta?
The answer is no. It is solely open to members and guests of Augusta National. Working at Augusta National as a caddie or as an employee are also viable options for getting in on the action.
How Much Does It Cost To Play A Round in Augusta?
Augusta National has about 300 members, and getting invited by one of them is the quickest method to play a round of golf. For only $40, members can invite a guest onto the course with them.
Can the Public Play at Augusta National?
To play golf at Augusta National, you’ll almost always need an invitation from a club member. There are around 300 members at Augusta and they are allowed to bring friends to play on certain days of the season, although the membership list is not available to the public.
How Much Does It Cost To Be A Member of Augusta?
To put it in perspective, this is a bargain compared to the dues at other high-end golf clubs. As a result, you’ll have to fork over almost $4,000.
How Much Does It Cost To Play At Augusta?
More than $100,000 a year in earnings would entail around costing an average of $3,189 for each player. Pebble Beach and TPC Sawgrass, two of the most popular PGA Tour destinations, would cost $388 on average for around for players making less than $20,000 per year.
Is Tiger Woods a Member of Augusta?
yes, Tiger Woods is able to play on the course whenever he wants due to his five Masters victories.
Who owns Augusta golf course?
Augusta National, Inc. owns August National Golf Course. When the course was first constructed in 1935, a for-profit corporation called Augusta National, Inc. was formed in Georgia. Bobby Jones and Clifford Roberts were the two founding owners of Augusta National.
Do Caddies Get To Play Augusta?
Only one round of golf per year is allowed for caddies. If you’d like to help out at the Masters, sign up as a volunteer. Volunteering at the Masters appears to be as difficult as becoming an Augusta member, as openings are few and far between, and there is a significant waiting list for these positions.
How Many Black Members are at Augusta National?
In 1990, media executive Ron Townsend became the first black member of Augusta National, and currently, there are an estimated nine black members at the club.
Why do the Caddies Wear White Jumpsuits at the Masters?
Augusta National’s caddies have worn white jumpsuits since the course opened in 1933, starting a long tradition. Augusta used to hire people from the local community and insist on giving them a white suits to make them look more professional.